We are currently seeking a Part-Time Armed Security Officer to provide security for the company’s building and premises to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, employees, and property of assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations.
- Surveys and monitors the facility/parking lot areas to ensure that a secure and orderly environment is maintained at all times.
- Provides assistance and appropriately intervenes in observed/reported incidents involving staff/visitors and patients, as required.
- Conducts the opening and closing of the building.
- Immediately notifies fire/police departments and telephone operators of emergency situations.
- Checks fire & security systems, security/fire doors & equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Writes theft, burglary, and accident reports for any incidents occurring on the premises. Reports must be thoroughly completed and turned in by the end of the day.
- Monitors and patrols special events sponsored by the agency, as required.
- Assists with inquiries from the public, when needed.
- Responds to calls for assistance within a reasonable amount of time.
- Turns in lost and found articles to appropriate personnel.
- Interacts in a professional and courteous manner with MHC staff, patients and visitors.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid gun/weapons permit.
- Must possess a valid state of Tennessee Guard License
- Must maintain current active status of all required License at all times,
- Valid drivers’ license & clean driving record.
- 1– 2 years of security or police experience, dealing with the public, or equivalent experience in the military
We offer competitive pay and benefits for all full-time employees. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental and vision insurance. Company paid life insurance, voluntary disability insurance and a rich paid time off program. Our agency is also designated as a “student loan forgiveness site” for qualifying positions.
Go to all jobs