We are seeking a motivated and dedicated Comptroller to prepare financial statements, maintain cash controls, manage the payroll and purchasing, and maintain accounts payable. In addition to coordinating, planning, and reporting on the financial operations, the Comptroller must work within the state and federal statutes regarding financial management and assure compliance with the Memphis Health Center (MHC) policies and procedures in conjunction with all General Accounting Accepted Principles (GAAP).
PLANNING AND REPORTING:
- Participate in the development and implementation of the company’s strategic financial position.
- Participate in planning, developing and implementing strategies for organization and departmental expenditure within agreed budgets, and reports data to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Report budgetary and financial information to regulatory agencies including the IRS, HRSA, and State organizations.
- Develop financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management, and reporting, including management and development of policies, process and personnel involved.
- Responsible for taking a proactive role in the formulation of future strategic objective and ensuring that all financial and non-financial reporting requirements are met on a timely and regular basis.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that organizational finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner by coordinating/conducting the following activities:
- Prepare all bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare income statements.
- Prepare all journal entries and enter in the accounting system.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Review monthly depreciation and amortization schedules to support journal entries.
- Maintain various journals for the company.
- Participate in the monthly and yearly financial closing process including office and medical supplies inventory assessment.
- Assist with the annual audit as needed by preparing various schedules as required by the auditors.
- Prepare monthly invoices for all company Grants.
- Enter actual and budget transactions into the accounting system and provide financial information and reports.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Evaluate the current system of internal control as it relates to the overall objective of the center which is to protect is assets.
- Identify and evaluate risks from internal and external sources.
- Establish and maintain adequate internal accounting controls.
- Review all vouchers for correct coding, proper documentation, and dollar accuracy prior to review and signature by CFO.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- Participate in the development, planning, and implementation of the company’s annual budget.
- Assist CFO with the preparation of the budget
- Load, monitor and provide a monthly report on actual to budget
- Control and monitor the company’s cash management process.
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Maintain the purchase order system
- Ensure security for all credit cards and verify charges
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND RECEIVABLE:
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all amounts of money by coordinating/conducting the following activities:
- Ensure the safeguarding of all company funds.
- Issue, code and authorize purchase orders
- Process all company’s account payable checks through banking positive pay systems
- Ensure information is entered into the financial system in an accurate and timely manner
- Reconcile the accounts payable
- Prepare journal summaries
- Reconcile the accounts receivable
- Compile source documents
- Issue receipts
- Reconcile weekly deposits
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Master’s degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
- Three years of progressive financial experience with at least 1 year of administrative/management experience.
- Previous experience in a health care setting required.
- Great Plains Accounting Software Experience Preferred.
We offer competitive pay and benefits for all full-time employees. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, voluntary disability insurance and a rich paid time off program. Our agency is also designated as a “student loan forgiveness site” for qualifying positions.
Go to all jobs