The Optometrist will be expected to use their skills and knowledge to provide high-quality vision care to the patients. Duties include conducting eye examinations, prescribing corrective lenses, and determining patients’ visual alertness.
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Test patients visual acuity, depth & color perception and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes
- Perform outpatient clinic-based evaluation and treatment of chronic eye diseases/conditions
- Perform outpatient clinic based preventative eye services to include chronic disease screening exams, including dilated diabetic eye exams
- Diagnose vision problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness and eye diseases, such as glaucoma.
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and medications.
- Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation.
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery—for example, examining a patient’s eyes the day after surgery.
- Evaluate patients for the presence of diseases such as diabetes and refer patients to other healthcare providers as needed.
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses.
- Administer drugs to patients to aid in the diagnosis of vision problems and treat certain eye diseases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Optometry Degree.
- Valid Optometrist license in the State of Tennessee.
- A minimum of 2 years ‘experience as an Optometrist.
- Must be able to evaluate the results of a variety of diagnostic tests and decide on the best course of treatment for a patient.
- Must be able to clearly explain eye care instructions to the patients, as well as answer patients’ questions.
We offer competitive pay and benefits to all full-time employees. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental and vision insurance. Company paid life insurance, voluntary disability insurance and a rich paid time off program. The agency is also designated as a “student loan forgiveness site” for qualifying positions.
Go to all jobs