We are seeking a Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking Patient Access Services Representative who will work as part of the medical office team performing those clerical duties necessary to prepare patients for a visit, arrange for payment, and make re-appointments when necessary. Duties include telephone answering, making appointments, preparing medical charts, gathering third-party payment information, recording charges and collecting fees.
- Greets patients and answers telephone in a courteous and professional manner, address questions and directs calls.
- Ensures patient confidentiality and provides patients with needed information.
- Schedules appointments, prepares medical charts, and maintains smooth patient flow throughout the clinic. Accurately classify and schedule patient appointments.
- Establishes that each patient is advised of the Sliding Fee Scale and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Collects and maintains patient registration and utilization data for reports.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the health center to meet the goal of providing primary health care services.
- Answer phones and direct calls to proper personnel.
- Ensure accurate demographic information is entered in practice software.
- Process and prepare credit card transactions for reconciliation.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all patient related paperwork.
- Demonstrate awareness of age specific, cultural and spiritual practices of patients, staff and visitors.
- Understands the functional status and physical needs of patients, staff and visitors.
- High school diploma or equivalent, medical office assistant preferred.
- Must be bi-lingual in Spanish
- Up to 3 years of experience in a medical office or facility.
- The ability to use current office machines.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone with other staff, the public, the patients and the medical staff.
- Requires excellent Customer Service skills including experience in an outpatient clinic environment with a solid understanding of clinic operations.
- Experience should include knowledge of multi-registration and insurance verification.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and strong communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of NextGen a plus.
Go to all jobs