The Medical Assistant works as part of the clinical provider team and assists providers in the provision of primary health care to those patients presenting for treatment. The Medical Assistant provides limited direct and indirect patient services and performs specific procedures, as authorized by training and provider direction. The Medical Assistant holds a BLS/CPR Certification as well as a current Medical Assistant Certification in the State of Tennessee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assure comfort and prompt attention to all patients.
• Conduct all routine procedures as requested, including hearing and sight examinations.
• Assist Physicians and Nurses in healthcare activities.
• Take patients vital signs, height, and weight etc.
• Collect and label urine/sputum specimens.
• Perform daily lab calibration (urinalysis calibration, strep test calibration, Hcg calibration)
• Responsible for keeping fridge log current• Update daily status reports, log sheets and encounter scansCheck stock room and dispose of expired supplies and medications.
• Administer immunizations/shots
• Perform EKG, strep and Hcg testing.
• One – Three years of experience in a medical setting or facility preferred.
• Current Medical Assistant Certification.
• Basic familiarity with routine medical protocol and terminology.
• Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)