The Dental Assistant prepares the patient for oral examination and assists other dental workers, such as dentists, dental assistants and dental hygienist, in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth and gums. Dental Assistants also carry out chair-side and receptionist duties.
- Prepares patient for examination/treatment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Practices good aseptic techniques and complies with infection control regulations.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment required by protocol. No soiled instruments will be acceptable.
- Operates dental equipment according to protocol to achieve optimum results.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning on a daily basis.
- Provides pre and post-operative instructions for patients undergoing general or local anesthesia.
- Orders and re-stock dental supplies.
- Makes appointments for patients, keep records of patients’ treatments and send out reminders for re-examinations.
- Dental Assistant Diploma from accredited institution
- Must have license/certification as a Registered Dental Assistant -required
- 3 years of healthcare experience
We offer competitive pay and benefits for all full-time employees. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental and vision insurance. Company paid life insurance, voluntary disability insurance and a rich paid time off program. Our Center is also designated as a “student loan forgiveness site” for qualifying positions.
Go to all jobs