The Early Intervention Specialist is responsible for coordinating and implementing education programs and outreach activities to increase awareness and accomplish specific goals and objectives of the assigned program.
- Provide individual risk assessment to clients determined to be at high risk of acquiring HIV and other related sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- Perform HIV prevention counseling as needed to support the HIV integration process within the MHC health clinics.
- Make appropriate client referrals and/or follow-up based on HIV test results and other presenting problems.
- Make appropriate case management referrals for clients with positive HIV test results.
- Serve as a liaison and communication link between the company’s area organizations, community planning groups, and coalitions that promote these services.
- Plans and conducts classes, activities, or individual sessions to meet identified social and behavioral changes.
- Screen potential clients at health screenings and maintain statistics.
- Handle administrative matters and ensures that all program/project activities are implemented in accordance with established policies and procedures as well as grant requirements.
- Documents and maintain up-to-date records of program activities and submits quarterly reports as required.
- Revise patient educational materials for health education classes.
- Monitors and evaluates programs/projects to access their overall effectiveness. Always implements and or make recommendations as needed to improve program/ project operations and services.
- Enter patient data in the health information system.
- Participates in appropriate conference/in-service; contributes relevant information at staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
v B.S. in Social Work, Health Administration, Public Health & Health Promotions and 2–5 years progressive community outreach and HIV Intervention Services.
v 1 – 3 years experience in a human or social services environment.
v Must have reliable transportation and proof of current vehicle insurance coverage
v Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills dealing with people, problems, issues, and information.
v Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Go to all jobs