We are currently seeking an individual to perform general and preventative maintenance and repairs at the Rossville, TN location. The prospective candidate will also provide security of the building and premises to ensure safety of patients, visitors, employees, and property of assigned areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans all areas above eye level and ensure areas are free of any dust or dirt.
- Cleans all furniture, ledges, walls, window, and bathrooms fixtures free of stains and dirt; and ensures adequate amount of supplies are available in the restrooms.
- Cleans floors ensuring no stains or scuff marks, vacuums carpeted areas thoroughly, and spots and stains are removed. Floor corners and baseboards are cleaned free of dust and dirt build-up.
- Empties trash containers and cleans inside and outside with no visible stains or odors.
- Ensures upholstered furniture is free of stains, and cushions are removed and cleaned underneath.
- Utilizes appropriate chemicals in daily cleaning, always mixes solutions in accordance with dilutions of concentrates for cleaning.
- Operates machines in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Always notify management of any malfunctions.
- Obtains appropriate cleaning supplies/equipment required to perform cleaning duties and utilizes supplies in an efficient manner. No more than two warnings relative to utilization of supplies is acceptable.
- Performs maintenance and repairs as needed and requested by supervisor.
- Keeps storerooms secured and clean at all times. Stock supplies and equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Responds to & cleans spills, accidents, bio-hazard incidents, & other unexpected issues related to maintenance of facility cleanliness quickly and safely while protecting patient and staff safety at all times.
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Surveys and monitors the facility/parking lot areas to ensure that a secure and orderly environment is maintained at all times.
- Provides assistance and appropriately intervenes in observed/reported incidents involving staff/visitors and patients, as required.
- Conducts opening and closing of the building.
- Immediately notifies fire/police departments and telephone operators of emergency situations.
- Checks fire & security systems, security/fire doors & equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Writes theft, burglary, and accident reports for any incidents occurring on the premises. Reports must be thoroughly completed and turned in by the end of the day.
- Monitors and patrols special events sponsored by the agency, as required.
- Assists with inquiries from the public, when needed.
- Responds to calls for assistance within a reasonable amount of time.
- Turns in lost and found articles to appropriate personnel.
- Interacts in a professional and courteous manner with staff, patients and visitors
- Will perform cleaning, maintenance, and security duties at all locations as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 years of related experience required.
- Physical demands include prolonged walking, standing and bending.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Periodic exposure to infectious agents and harsh chemicals.
We offer competitive pay and benefits for all full-time employees. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision insurance, company paid life insurance, voluntary disability insurance and a rich paid time off program. Our agency is also designated as a “student loan forgiveness site” for qualifying positions.
Go to all jobs