We are currently seeking an LPN who will work as part of the health care team and assist the physicians and nurse practitioners in the provision of primary health care. The competent LPN will provide direct patient services and perform specifically designated independent procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures high quality, safe and cost-effective service to all patients / families/significant others.
- Prepares patients for examination including the identification of the chief complaint, the taking of vital signs, height, weight, etc. and ensures smooth patient flow throughout the clinic.
- Conducts all routine procedures as requested, including hearing and sight examinations.
- Collects specimens and sends to the laboratory, with appropriate paperwork, assisting with routine laboratory procedures, as required.
- Assists physicians and nurse practitioners in healthcare activities, the performance of diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures, and the administration of medications as necessary.
- Assists with stocking the examining room and special treatment rooms.
- Assists in keeping patients medical records in good order with appropriate and timely documentation, notations and signatures as required.
- Ensures an appropriate environment for the administration of healthcare by keeping exam rooms, nurse’s stations, all equipment and other work areas clean, safe and orderly.
- Serves as Team Leader for specific modalities as directed under the supervision of Clinical Care Coordinator and/or Providers.
· Certification of practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Tennessee.
· Three (3) plus years of experience
· CPR/BLS Certified
We offer competitive pay and benefits for all full-time employees. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental and vision insurance. Company-paid life insurance, voluntary disability insurance and a rich paid time off program. Memphis Health Center is also designated as a “student loan forgiveness site” for qualifying positions.
Go to all jobs