The Prevention Coordinator is responsible for coordinating in-reach and outreach activities for the recruitment of high-risk individuals for HIV Testing, prevention services, and will serve as the primary contact for the PCHP program.
- Serve as the primary contact for the PCHP program.
- Provide care coordination to patients testing negative but who are at risk for acquiring HIV to increase PrEP access and adherence.
- Provide individual risk assessment to clients determined to be at high risk of acquiring HIV and other related sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- Perform HIV prevention counseling as needed to support the HIV integration process within the MHC health clinics.
- Make appropriate client referrals and/or follow-up based on HIV test results and other presenting problems.
- Make appropriate case management referrals for clients with positive HIV test results.
- Serve as a liaison and communication link between MHC area organizations, community planning groups, and coalitions that promote these services. Enter patient data in the health information system.
- Plan and conducts classes, activities, or individual sessions to meet identified social and behavioral changes.
- Screen potential clients at health screenings and maintain statistics.
- Handle administrative matters and ensures that all program/project activities are implemented in accordance with established policies and procedures as well as grant requirements.
- Document and maintain up-to-date records of program activities and submit quarterly reports as required.
- Revise patient educational materials for health education classes.
- Monitor and evaluates programs/projects to access their overall effectiveness. Always implements and or make recommendations as needed to improve program/ project operations and services.
- Participate in appropriate conference/in-service; contributes relevant information at staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
v B.S. in Social Work, Health Administration, Public Health & Health Promotions and 2-5 years progressive community outreach and HIV Intervention Services.
v 1 – 3 years experience in a human or social services environment.
v Must have reliable transportation and proof of current vehicle insurance coverage
v Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills dealing with people, problems, issues, and information.
v Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
v Must be able to demonstrate the ability to develop, present, and maintain effective programs.
Go to all jobs