The Pharmacy Technician performs various functions and activities relating to packaging, drug distribution, and distribution of controlled substances as well as assist the pharmacist in the area of assignment.
- Ability to receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs; Answer telephones, respond to questions or requests.
- Replenish vials and stock shelves from order under the pharmacist’s direction
- Fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels.
- Operate computer system by entering data with new and refill prescriptions per day.
- Clean, sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods and help maintain equipment and work areas.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients, via computer.
- 1 -2 years of experience required.
- Must have completed an accredited pharmacy technician program and possess a certification.
Must be registered with the TN Board of Pharmacy.
Go to all jobs