We are seeking a motivated and dedicated Nurse Practitioner with a specialty in OB-GYN to provide excellent care in performing prenatal and post-natal care to patients. The Nurse Practitioner will also perform procedures related to the female reproductive system, prescribe medication and order diagnostic tests.
- Greets patients, vendors and other providers either in person on the telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensures confidentiality and provides needed information to patient, family or other healthcare professionals as needed for patient care.
- In accordance with standardized procedures, performs physical examinations and treats common episodic and health care conditions with an emphasis on health maintenance and disease prevention through education and counseling.
- Works in collaboration with a specific Physician, Supervisor and other health care team members, consulting and referring as appropriate, but retains responsibility for ongoing clinical management of the patient.
- Interviews with patients and/or family, constructs comprehensive medical histories, performs initial and periodic physical examinations, evaluate patient behavior and explores patient’s interpretation of health needs.
- Develops and implements long and short range treatment plans.
- Maintains knowledge of pharmaceuticals to treat disease and illnesses, to include knowledge of the mechanism of action, side effects, toxic nature, and drug interactions of medications.
- Perform and interpret diagnostic tests in order to determine therapeutic treatment plans.
- Counsels patients and families as to preventive care, medical problems, psychological problems, and use of prescribed treatment and drugs.
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the health center to meet the goal of providing primary health care services.
- Respond to e-mail and telephone requests daily.
- Makes diagnosis, selects and provides appropriate treatment for medical or surgical emergencies.
- Maintains required documentation (electronically) and consults with collaborating physician as needed on changes in the patient’s condition.
- Writes orders to increase, decrease, or change medication (subject to collaborating and medical consultation as indicated.
- Demonstrate awareness of age specific, cultural and spiritual practices of patients, staff and visitors.
- Understands the functional status and physical needs of patients, staff and visitors.
- Update current signed collaboration agreements annually.
- Adhere to all guidelines outlined in Provider Agreement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualification:
- Master’s degree in nursing preferred; Current NP license for the State of TN is required.
- One to three years of nursing experience.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or related program
- Current BLS, PALS & ACLS certifications as applicable.
- Must have a Current DEA License
We offer competitive pay and benefits for all full-time employees. Our comprehensive benefits include health, dental and vision insurance along with company paid life insurance, voluntary disability insurance and a rich paid time off program. Our agency is also designated as a “student loan forgiveness site” for qualifying positions.
Go to all jobs