The Social Worker works directly with patients and their families in close conjunction with the providers and other care team members to assist them in identifying the proper resources to get the care or supplement they need to sustain a certain quality of life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Responds to referrals and determine appropriate intervention to meet patient/family needs.
- Interviews patients and relatives to obtain social service information relevant to medical problems and planning.
- Assists with medication issues or other situations that can create access barriers (e.g., transportation, childcare, uninsured and underinsured, socioeconomic factors, etc.).
- Ensures that documentation of social service intervention is entered on the medical chart by specified time frames after the intervention.
- Contacts/follow-up with patients and/or families after social service intervention is completed to assure the appropriateness of service rendered.
- Works collaboratively with MHC and staff and social agencies as required to implement a care plan.
- Maintains relationships with community agencies to ensure that individuals and families are connected with appropriate resources and social support.
- Works with patients to gain access to temporary Medicaid while their eligibility for full Medicaid benefits is being determined.
- Assists patients in securing such tangible services as transportation, hearing, and optical appliances through community agencies.
- Arranges for post-discharge of patients and evaluates home situations and alternative plans such as nursing homes or institutional placement.
- Educates patients and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources.
- Prepares and maintains required reports in established formats and time frames.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a related area such as social work, sociology, or psychology from an accredited college or university.
- Two to three years’ experience in clinical or community resource settings; Care coordination and/or case management experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multi-tasking; flexibility; time-management; organization and attention to details.
- Functions well in a team focused environment.
Go to all jobs