Memphis Health Center, Inc. is seeking proposals for a Contractor who has demonstrated abilities to perform the attached Scope of Work. The contractor must currently be in the business of providing lawn and landscaping maintenance services of this type and must have been doing so for a minimum of at least three (3) consecutive years. All applicable federal, state, and local laws, ordinances and regulations must be adhered to.
Contractors submitting a proposal should review the procurement requirements listed. Specifically, the selected Contractor will be required to:
• Execute a contract with the Memphis Health Center, Inc.
• Attend a walk-through of the property during which staff will review requirements and expectations;
• Maintain General Liability Insurance ($50,000 minimum); Workers Compensation Insurance ($50,000) and business automobile liability ($50,000) and furnish proof of such insurance;
• Submit a Certificate of Insurance naming the Memphis Health Center, Inc. as an additional insured.
Proposal responses shall be submitted on time. All costs are to be final.
Proposal must include a minimum of three professional references. These references should include current contact information including name, telephone number and email address.
Please direct any questions regarding proposal submission to the Facilities Manager, Patrick Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed proposals must be received by email@example.com no later than 11:00 AM, September 30, 2016.
NOTE: Proposals received after this deadline may be refused and deemed ineligible for consideration at the Memphis Health Center’s sole discretion.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
This scope of work pertains to the requirements of maintaining grass and landscaped areas at 360 EH Crump Blvd., Memphis, TN 38126 that is approximately 421 square yards for the period of 12 months. The overall responsibility of the Contractor is to coordinate, plan, manage, and perform activities described in this RFP to maintain an acceptable appearance in those areas included in the RFP.
The Contractor shall furnish all labor and materials necessary to perform the mowing and landscaping maintenance tasks in the RFP. Contractor shall complete all the tasks listed below and will comply with all the requirements and specifications.
It shall be the Contractor’s responsibility to verify the areas, sizes and quantities of the surfaces and items to be maintained in this RFP. Failure of the Contractor to verify the listed amounts shall not relieve the Contractor of the responsibility to provide all services required to the standards included herein, for the prices submitted in Contractors proposal.
HOURS WHEN WORK IS TO BE PERFORMED
All work is to be performed within hours to maximize the appearance of the property. Contractor should consult with Memphis Health Center, Inc. to select an appropriate time.
GUARANTEE AND REPLACEMENT
Contractor shall replace, at no additional cost to Memphis Health Center, any turf, plant materials or any other Memphis Health Center, Inc. property damaged as a result of improper maintenance attention or procedures. Replacement material shall be of the same size and variety as the dead or damaged material. Remedies to property damage must be completed within two weeks of identification of damage. Alternatives to size, variety and scheduling of replacement must have written permission of Memphis Health Center, Inc.
Contractor is not responsible for losses, repair or replacement of damaged work or plant material resulting from theft, extreme weather conditions, vandalism, vehicular incidents (other than Contractor’s vehicles) or the acts of others over whom they have no reasonable control.
Contractor shall inform Memphis Health Center, Inc. on a monthly basis of plant losses unrelated to the maintenance activities, provide the Memphis Health Center with a probable cause of the plant loss, and provide recommendations for replacement along with pricing for replacement.
Contractor will provide staff able to perform work at the highest standards of horticultural excellence. Key staff shall have current knowledge of best management practices (BMP’s) regarding: safety, hazardous materials spill response, lawn care, plant health, pruning, and integrated pest management. Memphis Health Center, Inc. reserves the right to demand the replacement of Contractor’s staff who do not meet Memphis Health Center’s standards for safety, professionalism, or horticultural knowledge.
Contractor will provide mobile numbers for the landscape maintenance manager and site supervisor.
Contractor will attend meetings and site inspections of the grounds as requested.
Contractor will establish a schedule for regular maintenance activities by area and adjust as necessary to avoid conflicts. The regular operations of Memphis Health Center, Inc. require the property be in compliance with the specifications of the RFP prior to the scheduled performances and special events.
GENERAL PRACTICE GUIDELINES FOR MATERIALS AND EXECUTION
Contractor shall furnish all labor, equipment, and materials necessary to complete the maintenance of turf and plantings, as specified herein. It is the intent of the Memphis Health Center that this site be maintained in a resource-efficient, sustainable, and cost-effective manner.
Maintenance shall consist of pruning, mowing, weed/insect/disease control, litter control and any other procedures consistent with good horticultural practice necessary to ensure normal, vigorous, and healthy growth of turf and landscape plantings.
1. Contractor shall keep planter beds free of weeds and debris on a rotational basis, throughout the season by hand pulling or other mechanical means.
2. All grounds will be mowed with professional quality mulching mower equipment.
3. Contractor is responsible for any damage incurred as a result of mower damage to trees and shrubs and must repair or replace any such damage at no cost to Memphis Health Center.
4. Clippings will be swept or blown from hardscapes after each mowing. Sweeping is encouraged when feasible.
5. Contractor shall keep walks, patios, planting beds, roadway gutters and lawn areas free of leaves throughout the seasons.
6. During the months of October through December, leaf removal shall occur as needed to prevent smothering of grass and groundcovers and excessive clumping needed to maintain a neat appearance and the health of the planting.
7. The Contractor should remove all landscape debris.
8. Contractor shall mechanically trim all landscape turf edges as needed. Edges include all formal lawn perimeters in lawn areas, clean debris from hardscapes and non-turf landscape areas, and remove larger debris.
9. The contractor shall remove all trash from landscaping beds and turf areas and dispose of the trash in Memphis Health Center dumpster.
10. The contractor shall remove all trash from landscaping beds and turf areas and dispose of the trash in Memphis Health Center dumpster.
11. During and after inclement weather the Contractor shall remove ice, snow, and debris from walkways, sidewalks, parking lots, and doorways by hand or other mechanical means.
Personnel employed by the Contractor shall be capable employees qualified in this type of work. The Contractor shall employ the quantity and quality of supervision necessary for both effective and efficient management of lawn and landscaping operations at all times. Contractor shall be liable for any damages caused directly or indirectly by its employees.
MEMPHIS HEALTH CENTER, Inc.
The Contractor will submit a regular invoice for payment. Additional or alternative tasks that were performed during that month must be approved in writing prior to their execution and once approved and completed shall be itemized separately on the monthly invoice. Memphis Health Center reserves the right to pay invoices net 30.
CHANGES TO THE SCOPE OF WORK AND TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
As the work progresses it may be necessary for the Managing Director to change or adjust the scope of the contract by written contract modification. Upon receiving notice of the change, the Contractor’s monthly invoice shall be adjusted if necessary to reflect the value of the change in the services under this contract.
Memphis Health Center may cancel the contract at any time for any reason upon giving 30 day written notice to the Contractor.
Memphis Health Center shall have the right to cancel this Agreement immediately without prior notice for any breach of any provision of the contract if not cured within 7 days from written notice from Memphis Health Center.