Be One in a Million this American Heart Month
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States; one in three deaths result from heart disease or stroke, accounting for more than 2,200 deaths per day.
On February 14, 2012 Memphis Health Center, Inc. will host “Love Yourself, Take Care Yourself” in its Crump Clinic lobby. Social and health service agencies will be on hand to provide valuable health information and social service resources to support healthier lifestyle choices.
The following agencies will be present in MHC’s Crump Clinic lobby from 9 am – 12 pm February 14th, 2012 to educate patients on local community assistance programs and to provide important health education information:
1. Shelby County Community Services Agency – Provides rental and utility assistance
2. American Cancer Society – Provides support and resources on Cancer prevention/treatment
3. Memphis City Schools HIV Prevention Program – Provides preventive information and resources on HIV and other sexual health issues
4. Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Tennessee – Health management organization that promotes health and wellness
5. Shelby County TennDer Care Program – Promotes and enrolls eligible children for insurance coverage and promotes Early, Periodic, & Diagnostic Screenings & Immunizations for Children